When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1965 Moulton F Frame Picked Up Today

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

jimbo53

I live for the CABE
Found this on FB Marketplace. 4hr round trip, but worth it. Made at the Bradford on Avon factory. Someone spray painted all chrome silver and the frame looks like it got a sad paint job, too. It looks complete and an pretty good shape.
This is my first Moulton-is that the original seat?

Last edited:
Geez..they even spray painted the hub! Great score dude! I would strip off all that crappy paint. No it’s not the original seat..but most other parts are there, except chain guard and the front suspension boot looks wrong..that’s a great bike. I’ve had 6 of those bikes. Currently own 2. That will clean up beautifully! I know where you can get Moulton transfers if u want them.
I have disassembled 6 of them if u need help. Make sure u check under the rear forks for fatigue cracks too.

EC71A3A5-79D6-4280-9A1B-D5667CC1F1FC.jpeg

Last edited:
Geez..they even spray painted the hub! Great score dude! I would strip off all that crappy paint. No it’s not the original seat..chuck that out…but most other parts are there, except chain guard and the front suspension boot looks wrong..that’s a great bike. I’ve had 6 of those bikes. Currently own 2. That will clean up beautifully! I know where you can get Moulton transfers if u want them.
I have disassembled 6 of them if u need help. Make sure u check under the rear forks for fatigue cracks too.

View attachment 1495713

View attachment 1495714
Wow! Your resto looks great!! I'll keep an eye out for a Middlemore saddle. Silver paint should clean up pretty easily. It never sticks very well to chrome, so should come off OK.

Last edited:
Geez..they even spray painted the hub! Great score dude! I would strip off all that crappy paint. No it’s not the original seat..but most other parts are there, except chain guard and the front suspension boot looks wrong..that’s a great bike. I’ve had 6 of those bikes. Currently own 2. That will clean up beautifully! I know where you can get Moulton transfers if u want them.

View attachment 1495713

View attachment 1495714
If you could point me in the direction to some Moulton 4 Speed vinyl transfers, that would be great! I've got a Middlemore saddle on the way as well as tires and tubes. The 4 speed gear changer is shot-would you happen to have a spare? Most of my work will be taking off the silver paint. The light dove grey on the frame and white on the carriers isn't too bad, so I can live with that. THANKS!

If you could point me in the direction to some Moulton 4 Speed vinyl transfers, that would be great! I've got a Middlemore saddle on the way as well as tires and tubes. The 4 speed gear changer is shot-would you happen to have a spare? Most of my work will be taking off the silver paint. The light dove grey on the frame and white on the carriers isn't too bad, so I can live with that. THANKS!
Contact Julian Kowalski at [email protected] for transfers.
Are u sure the hub is shot? They are not that complicated. I would take it apart. Maybe it just needs a good cleaning. Cheers.

Contact Julian Kowalski at [email protected] for transfers.
Are u sure the hub is shot? They are not that complicated. I would take it apart. Maybe it just needs a good cleaning. Cheers.
The hub is fine. The handlebar changer is all sprung apart and the detents don't engage. I have a bunch of 3 peed changers. Would one of them work and I would just be short a gear?

Oh I see Jim…no sorry I don’t have any shifters…I sold them off..there is a bike shop near me with a lot of old spare parts..I may get down there tomorrow and take a look and see if they have one. Yes u could use the 3 speed shifter.

Those old shifters can be rebuilt if you are careful, maybe worth a try before scrapping it.

Back