When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1965 Ross Polobike, chrome frame.

-

IngoMike

I live for the CABE
1965 Ross Polobike. My new favorite wheelie machine...gave it a quick detail and it shined up like a new penny. I don't know why all old kids bikes were not Chrome, its hard for a kid to mess up Chrome. Does not look like it was ridden very much. Anyway, I would appreciate any info anybody has on this model, all I come up with is the Ross Barracuda, which has the same frame.

Did kids actually ever play polo on stingray type bikes? What's with this polo thing? Nice bike to play polo on if you ever get a group of riders together to play a match.

Did kids actually ever play polo on stingray type bikes? What's with this polo thing? Nice bike to play polo on if you ever get a group of riders together to play a match.
As odd as it sounds, the term comes from the flat solo polo seat, and yes it was invented for bicycle polo. In the early 1960s kids found these seats and began using them to customize their bicycles. That was not what these kids bikes were designed for but the name from the seats stuck.

came across this book preview " The Moulton Bicycle: A History" interesting stuff. According to the author the Euro bike polo thing never caught on in the US in the 50's and Persons dumped off the lot of seats they made on Peter Mole a distributor. They do look cool on stingray style bikes.

That’s a Ross Super Ultra Cool Wheelie Ray.

That’s what I’m calling it anyway. Dunno what Ross named it.

Back