When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1965 Schwinn Heavy Duti King Size klunker

-
A little more progress on this, got some high volume and lightweight tires at the local bike collective Saturday and some used bear traps off BMXmuseam classifieds.

Some vision on this - I really love Spencer's bike and kind of trying to emulate it. I like how simple and honest it is. Some folks (I've been very guilty of this myself) really go overboard with the klunker builds with the modern anodized bits, shiny crap and whatnot.
https://theradavist.com/2018/08/spencers-1956-schwinn-cruiser/

I fear my frame isn't going to be as visually exciting without the scallops and tu tone paint and all, though.

View attachment 1329454

View attachment 1329455
Ya, the canti frame makes it feel more like a 80s cruiser. Nice call on not overdoing a klunker with modern BMX parts. When I build them I try to stick with what was available during the late 70s when klunkers were being throw to together as fire road racers.

Back