When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1965 Schwinn Heavy Duti King Size

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Thought I'd note here what looks like a '65 KSHD on CL in SoCal for KS enthusiasts. 2 spd kickback,newspaper rack, #7000 saddle, HD spokes. They're asking $700 but it's been up for 26 days, so..? https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/bik/d/upland-1965-schwinn-bicycle/7242433414.html

View attachment 1329913

Not sure what the "Z" is but a KA serial Number

. A little steep for me.

Last edited:
Last piece of the puzzle, finally found a decent correct Schwinn Approved "7000" saddle for this. I was kind of perturbed at how expensive these have become lately, when I was parting out my last KSHD I couldn't give that one away. So it goes...

thumbnail_IMG_0686.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0687.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0688.jpg

Last piece of the puzzle, finally found a decent correct Schwinn Approved "7000" saddle for this. I was kind of perturbed at how expensive these have become lately, when I was parting out my last KSHD I couldn't give that one away. So it goes...

View attachment 1412241

View attachment 1412242

View attachment 1412243
That being a 3 speed is awesome really different animal. That being said you should see if you could find a tandem owner who wants to swap for their red band. That 3 speed would be helpful with making one of those beasts more manageable.

Yes, they made Bendix red band coaster hubs with HD spokes. Typically used on tandem applications. I wouldn’t mind trading someone for one!
Yes I know they made them I just wonder if you can convert a regular one . I i would think they don't come up often and are pricy when they do. Post in wanted I could see a tandem lover wanting that upgrade.

Back