When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1965 Schwinn Heavy Duti King Size

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Yeah, I did some fat whitewalls on my King Size American before I sold it. Thought the whitewalls looked great with the chrome fenders, rack and all (last pic). But on this painted fenders working-class bike, ww would look out of place, I'd think.

Made some pretty good progress today. Disassembled the bike and have the rusty parts in Evaporust, the greasy parts in gasoline (I don't have a parts cleaner), and washed and waxed the frame, fork and fenders. Nice seeing the 55 year old gal shine up again!
thumbnail_IMG_3132.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3133.jpg

C7A09765-6D8E-4176-8084-F6C38AF85370.jpeg

Yeah, I did some fat whitewalls on my King Size American before I sold it. Thought the whitewalls looked great with the chrome fenders, rack and all (last pic). But on this painted fenders working-class bike, ww would look out of place, I'd think.

Made some pretty good progress today. Disassembled the bike and have the rusty parts in Evaporust, the greasy parts in gasoline (I don't have a parts cleaner), and washed and waxed the frame, fork and fenders. Nice seeing the 55 year old gal shine up again!
View attachment 1309208

View attachment 1309209

View attachment 1309212
Hey Sworly, looking good. I was certainly right about the white walls. Enjoy and RideOn. Razin.

So you have 2 of these bikes? If so ,would you part with the other one? Thanks. Razin.
I do. I appreciate it but for now one will be a stock cruiser and the other will be the subject of a klunker build since I parted it out a year or two ago and some of the KS specifc stuff (like the rear fender) is gone.

I'll let the fine people of the CABE know if that changes, though. I already have some trepidation given how ridiculously expensive even remotely cool vintage BMX parts are getting!

I do. I appreciate it but for now one will be a stock cruiser and the other will be the subject of a klunker build since I parted it out a year or two ago and some of the KS specifc stuff (like the rear fender) is gone.

I'll let the fine people of the CABE know if that changes, though. I already have some trepidation given how ridiculously expensive even remotely cool vintage BMX parts are getting!
Okay. Good luck with the build. Post some pix of the klunker build when you can. Thanks for sharing. Razin.

In '65 the KSHD actually came with whitewall tractor tires, which makes no sense on a bike that was designed for commercial use, but to me it looks good. Note the catalog didn't show the KS frame in picture, but all 1965 KSHDs were the KS frame, as it was listed 1914-R.

Last edited:
Back