When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1965 Schwinn Stingray J-33 Project

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Joey Bombaci

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hey Guys!

So this is my next project, an original ultra crusty FA Sky Blue J-33! Found in this condition and purchased from the original owner in Chicago!
Im am rebuilding this bike for a friend of mine who is very attached so it is not for sale. But it does need a few things If anyone has any parts they are willing to let go of!
We want to keep this is as OG as possible so I will salvage everything I can, this will be a survivor patina rebuild.
Here is the list of parts we know we need to make this correct, condition does not matter! Patina parts are preferred!

PARTS LIST:
  • Persons High Loop
  • White or Silver Glitter smoothie seat
  • Schwinn Stamped 1965 Wide Bars
  • Schwinn Springer Yolk, (the one that is on the bike is unfortunately broken)
  • Schwinn Seat Post (the one on the bike is bent)

Please feel free to reach out to me at (602)-568-8272

IMG_0144.jpeg

Boy it is crusty, especially those rims, but that Radiant Sky Blue still shows strong.

Glad you have elected to keep it a Survivor and not a repaint.

Hey all! Just an update on the build! Looks to be a mostly original 65 J-33!

The crank was dated 4/64, super interesting considering this is a June 65 serial frame ( FA71233 June 22, 1965), but I guess whatever parts were there is what they used! Doubtful that someone would have swapped a 65 for a 64 crank, what do y'all think?

The front axle was correctly dated Z-65

The rear slik seems to be dated 65, UA and three dots is 65 correct? The front Westwind seems to be dated 1970 so that must have been replaced at some point.

There also seems to be some numbers stamped onto the bottom of the crank housing, i'm not sure what those would be, maybe a registration number for a city?

The rear wheel also still had the original tube! Doesn't hold air but it was cool to see.

Parts we still need for the project...

• 1965 High Loop with Patina
  • Springer yoke with Patina
  • 1965 Schwinn Wide Bars

IMG_0152.jpeg

IMG_0157.jpeg

IMG_0158.jpeg

IMG_0161.jpeg

IMG_0160.jpeg

IMG_0159.jpeg

IMG_0162.jpeg

Back