When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1965 Sears Starliner valuation

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Cranky Chain Cycles

Finally riding a big boys bike
I need a couple of opinions on the valuation of an old Starliner I'm working on. The pics are pre-cleanup. It's getting a full tuneup and polish. The frame is 100% chrome. I've got whitewalls, red grips and red pedals waiting to go on, as well as red white and blue streamers. It's complete with patina here and there. My goal is to finish it by July 4th. Thanks!

This is the only comparison I can find. Nothing on Ebay or Craigslist.

http://www.nostalgic.net/bicycle1331

IMG_4911.JPG
IMG_4915.JPG
IMG_4917.JPG
IMG_4918.JPG
IMG_4921.JPG

Last edited:
Are you looking for a valuation--what its worth or an evaluation--what is correct/incorrect? V/r Shawn

Are you looking for a valuation--what its worth or an evaluation--what is correct/incorrect? V/r Shawn

The prior. How much it’s worth. Admittedly, it’s premature to ask. Not cleaned up yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
You might do better where you are but I sold a nicer girls bike with tank light and got $75. V/r Shawn

Hey there! Welcome to the CABE!

I have never seen or heard of a Sears Starliner. I really want to research this model now, because I always loved space race era style.

Value is somewhat hard to determine on this, due to lack of sales history. Based on similar girls bikes, I would say $75 as is, $125 mint. Here is my evaluation:

- Missing tail light (likely same as a Spaceliner tail light)
- Incorrect seat (again, probably similar to a Spaceliner seat)

Hey there! Welcome to the CABE!

I have never seen or heard of a Sears Starliner. I really want to research this model now, because I always loved space race era style.

Value is somewhat hard to determine on this, due to lack of sales history. Based on similar girls bikes, I would say $75 as is, $125 mint. Here is my evaluation:

- Missing tail light (likely same as a Spaceliner tail light)
- Incorrect seat (again, probably similar to a Spaceliner seat)

Time to put on my salesman hat!

There's no such thing as a Starliner. Somebody made some mods to a '64/'65 Ladies Deluxe Spaceliner (Model 46911), and labeled their creation a Starliner using stick-on letters. You can verify this by looking at the serial number on the rear dropout and comparing it to the serial numbers listed in The Ultimate Sears Spaceliner Reference.

Here's what it would have looked like originally. https://www.flickr.com/photos/90887807@N06/sets/72157632208715924

You can read more about them in The Ultimate Sears Spaceliner Reference (stickied at the top of this forum).

As far as what it's worth.... IMHO, probably around $50 because so many of the key original components are missing (teardrop fender reflector, rear light, original tank with horn and light, seat).

Last edited:
Back