When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1965 Spaceliner

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Thanks everyone for the complements. I will get this bike posted over in the chrome Spaceliner forum with some before and after pics. I'm having a blast with this bike...makes me feel like a kid again!

Dude you looked like a Kid riding it LOL. You had a smile from ear to ear for the whole 18 Miles LOL

You mentioned the need for a 65 license tag. Not letting this one go but, this would look look good on the bike.
Worlds Fair 64-65 tag.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1348570255557.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348570255557.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 58
Beautiful bike that's probably the best preserved I've ever seen, but it's not a '65. It's a model 46922 which was introduced in 1966 and produced for three years to 1968 (top of the line of the 15 men's Spaceliner models produced in those years) . If you look at the serial number on the rear dropout, it should have either a 0, 1, or 2 immediately after the model number (as a sixth digit). From my research I believe this indicates the year, in which case "0" is 1966, "1" is 1967, and "2" is 1968. Note: the model number follows immediately after the first three digits of the serial number (502), which is the numerical designation for 'Sears' by Murray, the company that built the Spaceliner for Sears.

Last edited:
You mentioned the need for a 65 license tag. Not letting this one go but, this would look look good on the bike.
Worlds Fair 64-65 tag.

JD, is that a cupholder on the back of that rack? Coool Fair plate.Looks a little dented. Did you have it as a kid? There is a Spaceliner forum? Huh.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE

Spaceliner History Information

I need some basic info about the Spaceliners as I am sure there are others that need these questions answered as well. The questions are as follows: between what years were they produced, who produced them and which years, when did the tank go from straight to the 7 style, which ones came chromed and which ones were painted, what makes a De Luxe model, what sizes did they come in and what were the original retail prices for them. If JD or anyone else could answer these questions and offer any other info, I'd appreciate it very much. Thanks.

Back