When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1965 Sting-Ray Resurrection

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Wow!
Looks like that bike was stored at the bottom of a lake.
I give you credit, it takes some faith to restore the original into something rideable.
It is a testament to Schwinn's quality back in the 1960's.

Wow!
Looks like that bike was stored at the bottom of a lake.
I give you credit, it takes some faith to restore the original into something rideable.
It is a testament to Schwinn's quality back in the 1960's.
I wish I knew the story on it!! My goal is to find the rustiest junk and make it ride again with as many parts as I can save on it. Just a fun project and it’s absolutely my favorite Stingray rider ever.

Excellent save!
I did something similar with my 64 that used to be lime. It was nearly one solid piece when I got it. Minimal clean up, fresh grease, and a custom seat.

View attachment 1450828
Man that is sweet! Love that seat!!! What did you do to the paint? I’ve been thinking about de-rusting mine and getting it to whatever color is left. Just not a fan of the heavy crust lol.

Man that is sweet! Love that seat!!! What did you do to the paint? I’ve been thinking about de-rusting mine and getting it to whatever color is left. Just not a fan of the heavy crust lol.
Thanks! The seat is a custom I made. Been saving that material for the right bike.
I hit the bike with the pressure washer then a little touch up on the graphics with some 1shot paint and a Mack liner brush.
polished up the chrome and new tires.

Thanks! The seat is a custom I made. Been saving that material for the right bike.
I hit the bike with the pressure washer then a little touch up on the graphics with some 1shot paint and a Mack liner brush.
polished up the chrome and new tires.
That is sweet. Your chrome is much nicer than mine!

Back