When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1965 Stingray ChattanoogaTn. Craiglist find wed. night, 3 hrs drive Thurs. one way.

-
Super find! Looks to be one of best limes out there, you did very good. Lime and Opal are my favorites. The Caddy in the backround is lookin' cool too. The basic Rays were a blast to ride hard back in the day and most are showing it today. It's rare to find them so clean without scratches and faded top bars and torn seats. I'll bet you were smiling all the way home.

Super find! Looks to be one of best limes out there, you did very good. Lime and Opal are my favorites. The Caddy in the backround is lookin' cool too. The basic Rays were a blast to ride hard back in the day and most are showing it today. It's rare to find them so clean without scratches and faded top bars and torn seats. I'll bet you were smiling all the way home.
Thank you videoranger, I was smiling all the way home, and hey yes that old Caddy was cool. That car was lower to the ground and had hydraulic on it to lift it. Thats the picture he had went it was on craiglist. Thanks again...

My advice is to hang onto your early original Rays and not look to make a quick profit. Even though they're a bit small for us big boys to ride, they are just too cool. I smile every time I see my nice original 65 Lime. I hope yours keep you smiling for a long time.:cool:

Nice bike! If you sell it you will always regret it. I sold a nice, original, lime 64 Super Deluxe about 15 years ago and I am still sorry I did...

Back