When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1965 Super Deluxe

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

danfitz1

Finally riding a big boys bike
Just picked this up from the original owner. All original except rear tire. Serial number is very lightly stamped. At first glance it looks like an A4, which makes no sense. Closer examination I can make out what looks like an incomplete K. Would KA still be built as a '65? I don't have a good enough camera to photograph the serial number.

65sd.jpg

Yes, KA would be October 1965 I believe. Great bike you got there! It looks like great paint on the frame, and a nice seat. That is a VERY desirable year and model for Sting-Rays, which is why you already have Buses n Bikes drooling :)

If you have any questions about it post them up, I'd be glad to help!

Yes, KA would be October 1965 I believe. Great bike you got there! It looks like great paint on the frame, and a nice seat. That is a VERY desirable year and model for Sting-Rays, which is why you already have Buses n Bikes drooling :)

If you have any questions about it post them up, I'd be glad to help!

Thanks. I've had several of them over the years, so I'm pretty familiar with the SD's and their value's. I pulled the axle nut and sissy bar leg off and got a better look at the serial number. Definitely an October '65 bike, the K is just very light on its right upper corner. Talking with the original owner, I'm quite sure it's all correct and original, except the rear Slik which he put on when they pulled it from his parent's attic as the original had dry rotted . He preferred blackwalls over the W/W option. I would have tried to convince him otherwise, but I wasn't there to lend an opinion.

I believe you sold this a few years ago, I should've popped when I saw your Craigslist ad. Doh! Regrets

Back