When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 BF Goodrich Challenger

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

dtaylor613

Look Ma, No Hands!
New to the forums. I recently found and cleaned up what I believe to be a 1966 BF Goodrich Challenger. Not sure the before photos do it justice. It had a pretty good amount of rust on it, but the paint was in good shape, age and all considered.

From what I have seen online this appears to have been made by Murray and was post BF Goodrich/Schwinn days. Does anyone else know much about this bike? I have searched a good bit online and I have only found one bike that is like it. It was the same color, style frame, and I believe model - but it stated a different year. Given that my serial number starts with M06 I am pretty positive it is a '66.

BFG Bicycle Resto (After).jpg

BFG Bicycle Resto (Before 1).jpg

BFG Bicycle Resto (Before 2).jpg

Last edited:
It is a Murray, and in nice shape. Do a Murray catalog or advertisement search, that should provide more info.

The last two pictures are the before shots? You did a very nice job on the clean-up! Now, about that front tire...

Back