When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 Coppertone Schwinn Varsity project with bag, lights....

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

bikepaulie

Finally riding a big boys bike
Looking forward to cleaning this guy up and pedaling around the neighborhood. Original owner gave a hand-written note explaining how this was purchased in St Claire, MI for $69. ‘...worked all summer cutting grass to raise the money.’

FDB37F50-19D2-4359-984E-E726842B3C9B.jpeg

The original owner must have been mowing 7 days a week 12 hours a day. It took me quite a bit longer to save up the money. I started at the beginning of 1964 right after I saw the new Sprint equipped Varsity when it hit my local Dealers show room floor. I painted our house, pulled weeds on a 10,000 sq ft lot, mowed our grass and the neighbors yards and picked up glass pop bottles along the farm roads for a 2 cent return. Finally made enough to pick up my 64 mid Summer. I loved that bike so I pieced together a copy of it a few years ago. This one cost me an arm and a leg though.

1964 Varsity Completed 001.jpg
1964 Varsity Completed 004 (Large).jpg
1964 Varsity Completed 012 (Large).jpg

The original owner must have been mowing 7 days a week 12 hours a day. It took me quite a bit longer to save up the money. I started at the beginning of 1964 right after I saw the new Sprint equipped Varsity when it hit my local Dealers show room floor. I painted our house, pulled weeds on a 10,000 sq ft lot, mowed our grass and the neighbors yards and picked up glass pop bottles along the farm roads for a 2 cent return. Finally made enough to pick up my 64 mid Summer. I loved that bike so I pieced together a copy of it a few years ago. This one cost me an arm and a leg though.

View attachment 696861 View attachment 696862 View attachment 696863

Wow, that sure is pretty! Thanks for sharing!

Back