When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 Coppertone stingray- before and after Super Deluxe-ized

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

sfhschwinn

I live for the CABE
Thought I made a thread on this bike already but cant find it.
I had a 68' Apple krate in so-so condition with a recovered seat I bought from a friend. After finding out the seat was recovered my friend offered to trade back for it and gave me this bikes, a Panasonic 10 speed, and a 72 Deluxe Stingray in nice condition. Sold the other two kept this one.

This bike was original 3 owners before me but 2 before me it was converted to a 5 speed with a tandem drum brake, non original springer and fenders. The original fork would have been nice to have but I don't know who took it where. So I took the liberty of converting it to a Super deluxe using all original parts. Front fender is original super deluxe, rear 2 speed bendix blue band, repop Whamo Wheelie Bar and the bought that original sissy bar for $50 from a friend. (Does anyone know what bike that sissy bar originally went on or was it after market?) Only thing I don't like about the bike is that someone used a crème/white paint on the chainguard to repaint the decals so I need to find a mint original guard and get rid of this one or if I am lucky find a really clean super deluxe coppertone guard for it.
IMG_2456.jpg
IMG_2460.jpg

IMG_2456.jpg

IMG_2460.jpg

Very Nice Copper ....If you cant find a Super D Guard you could always pull the fenders & bow pedals and it would be a J38 .. basically a fender less Super Deluxe with blackwalls. That Old Skool axle mount sissybar is aftermarket & there are various versions ( The coolest is being the hangmans noose ) listed in my Schwinn dealer parts book in 1967..

Last edited:
Thought I made a thread on this bike already but cant find it.
I had a 68' Apple krate in so-so condition with a recovered seat I bought from a friend. After finding out the seat was recovered my friend offered to trade back for it and gave me this bikes, a Panasonic 10 speed, and a 72 Deluxe Stingray in nice condition. Sold the other two kept this one.

This bike was original 3 owners before me but 2 before me it was converted to a 5 speed with a tandem drum brake, non original springer and fenders. The original fork would have been nice to have but I don't know who took it where. So I took the liberty of converting it to a Super deluxe using all original parts. Front fender is original super deluxe, rear 2 speed bendix blue band, repop Whamo Wheelie Bar and the bought that original sissy bar for $50 from a friend. (Does anyone know what bike that sissy bar originally went on or was it after market?) Only thing I don't like about the bike is that someone used a crème/white paint on the chainguard to repaint the decals so I need to find a mint original guard and get rid of this one or if I am lucky find a really clean super deluxe coppertone guard for it. View attachment 261825View attachment 261826

View attachment 261825

View attachment 261826
Nice bike. Cool Wheeeee.....lee bar

Back