When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 Ducati Monza Jr

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

DesmoDog

Look Ma, No Hands!
I see that most of the bikes here are earlier but I've seen a few from this era, so hopefully this is ok here.

I went to buy a 250 Monza for a project bike, and the guy also had this one. I made an offer for both even though I wasn't sure what I'd do with it. He accepted, I brought it home, and it somehow nosed it's way up to my main project.

Here's how it looked when I got it.
MonzaJr001.jpg

After a ton of mock ups I started narrowing in on what it would be.
Progress_2462.jpg

And finally it looked like this
IMG_4218_l.jpg

IMG_4225a_l.jpg

If anyone is interested, there is a build thread for this on another forum;

My inspiration for finishing that bike came from "Ducstock" at the Barber vintage motorcycle festival in 2011. I rushed to get it ready, it had maybe 15 minutes of run time on it when it got thrown in the trailer and dragged down there. Unloaded it and proceeded to wring it's neck for about 100 miles that weekend, back and forth from the hotel to the track. The bikes I was riding with had ten times the power. Ok, I didn't keep them in sight but I did pretty well. It ran like a champ!

IMG_4271_xl.jpg

I "rode" it for a couple years (once or twice a season) but coming home from a show one afternoon I had an awful ride and had to admit to myself it just wasn't cut out for modern day traffic. I sold it to a guy who owns an automotive repair shop. They do a lot of work on old Porsches and it now spends it's days in the area where the cars hang out when awaiting parts or whatever.
ArborMotion_2281.jpg

As long as I'm rambling, here are a couple photos of the bike I was REALLY after the day I bought the 160. A 1966 250 Monza.

As found in 2005-ish?
Before003.jpg

A shot from 2016. Many parts on it here are just place holders.
side_9202_l.jpg

It looks worse now - I've even started pulling parts off of it for yet another bevel I'm working on. This one started out as a joke, being built up from leftover parts. So it is yet another bike that distracted me from working on the one that I wanted to begin with. The goal is to get it done before the Barber festival in 2023

MockUp_6121.jpg

Don't hold your breath... the goal used to be to get it done for Barber 2022... I have an excuse though! I got distracted when a 1993 Ducati SuperLight came knocking on my door. It had been sitting for 20 years and needed a lot of TLC. This was a dream bike of mine back when it was new, I couldn't turn it away. I had to get it back on the road. It took a lot more time than I thought it would, but it's rideable now. I managed to put 75 miles on it before the season ended (it has just started to snow as I type this). That doesn't sound like much, because it isn't. But it's 75 more miles than anyone else put on it over the past 20 years!

I know this one is REALLY stretching the limits of the term "antique motorcycle" but I will throw myself on the mercy of the court. I have to post a picture of it. I had given up my search for one of these when an owner sought me out and offered it up. The timing was all wrong, I needed to SELL a bike, not take on a new one. I started writing a reply turning him down but as I typed I convinced myself to at least check it out. Well, one thing led to another and here it is. Getting it required me to sell a "dream bike" I already had, but you can't keep them all. I advertised it around midnight, expecting it to take a few weeks to sell. It sold before 1am. By morning I had two other people in line in case the first guy fell through. Apparently I didn't ask enough for it!

Anyway, here is what a 1993 Ducati Superlight looks like. A one year only model in the USA, the rest of the world got it numerous versions of it.
Side_5477.jpg

Ok, I'll shut up now. Back to your regularly scheduled programming! I need to go work on my Typhoon...

What a cool little bike! Its been years since I’ve seen one of those let alone worked on one.

reminds me of my early 60s Gilera 125SS 5V... like the Ducati a perfect little jewel of a motorcycle in 3/4s scale!

Back