When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966? Raleigh Sports Chrome

-

merkin_77

On Training Wheels
I've got a Sports All-chrome in unrestored but rather good shape. Rear rim has a curb dent in it and the saddle is a non-original Bianchi. Rear hub says 66 4, so assuming a 1966 model. Any idea on worth and is anyone interested? Bike is in SW Connecticut.

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image4.jpeg

image5.jpeg

image6.jpeg

image7.jpeg

Interesting bike. I wonder if the chrome is original. I don't see any of the usual transfers on the frame anywhere. Normally it would say SPORTS on the frame along with some other small labels. The serial number on the bottom bracket looks right for a 66 model, see reference site linked below.
As far as a value, these bikes are not high dollar and have more of a niche market. Usually collectors of these bikes are looking for all original pieces. The chrome is different but not sure if it adds or detracts from the bike as I don't know if it is og. Haven't seen this before. As said above maybe post in the Lightweight section or International section for more feedback.
Off the top of my head, I'm looking at maybe a $100 bike.

I would be interested in purchasing, how much you looking to get? local pick up would be no problem.
Thanks.

Back