When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 Schwinn Stingray Stick shifter Question

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

64jmb

Look Ma, No Hands!
I have a quick question.

I own a1966 Schwinn Stingray Stick shift bike, Oct 66. Bike is total OG and in decent shape. The shifter has this slight bend to the left at the base of the shifter tower and I have seen this on another 66 stick shift bikes. Is that bend factory or was it bent? It looks factory. I just saw one on eBay a 66 stick shifter and it looks the same. Let me know thanks

I have a quick question.

I own a1966 Schwinn Stingray Stick shift bike, Oct 66. Bike is total OG and in decent shape. The shifter has this slight bend to the left at the base of the shifter tower and I have seen this on another 66 stick shift bikes. Is that bend factory or was it bent? It looks factory. I just saw one on eBay a 66 stick shifter and it looks the same. Let me know thanks
Factory style

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

oh ok so that is factory then like that for later 1966? I have seen some straight as well. I am assuming those are earlier then?

oh ok so that is factory then like that for later 1966? I have seen some straight as well. I am assuming those are earlier then?
If I remember right the straight one's are earlier

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

The shifter handle should be straight... I have several 66’s and they are all the same ...

Really early 66 would have had a thumb shifter like the 65 3 speed bikes did. The smooth flat one was 66. Look below

Resized_Screenshot_20170429-200824.jpg

9811.jpg

Back