When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 Schwinn Stingray Stick shifter Question

-
Here is a pic of mine it looks factory it is smooth slight bend to the left I have seen many others like this as well.

s-l1600-2.jpg

s-l1600-8.jpg

The stick itself was bent weather on accident or intentionally they did not come that way

I dont know it all or proclaim to. But I have several items of evidence to support my theory on the 66 smooth shifter being flat and straight. I hope the info helps or if anyone else can chime in to correct me all info is accepted and welcomed.

20190921_230152.jpg

20190921_230140.jpg

you may be right... is that for sale?
It is for sale but I believe you said you were looking for a 3 speed this one has the 5 speed ball on the top, also the bike it came off of was a restored bike so someone tried to restore the old stickers on it and used some garbage so you would have to get new decals/stickers for it if you can use it, not positive if the shifters are the same minus what the ball and the decals say although I do know there the same size. Let me know if interested.

Ya it is a 3 speed...I really just needed the post the ball will come off... is it perfectly straight right? Do you have just a smooth post by chance?

Ya it is a 3 speed...I really just needed the post the ball will come off... is it perfectly straight right? Do you have just a smooth post by chance?
Yes flat like paper. No I'm sorry I dont and would hate to brake up a full shifter

Back