When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 stingray with KS motor

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Cooper S.

I live for the CABE
IMG_3025.JPG
IMG_3028.JPG
IMG_3029.JPG
I picked up this schwinn stingray from the original owner's sister and it's Dec 1966 dated with a KS BIKE MACHINE motor kit and a bendix 76 hub. (I tried to post this earlier but it didn't post?) after pulling it apart a little, I found that the cranks are 1968 dated and front wheel is a 20 hole. The crown nut is currently frozen and so is the pulley for the motor but the motor is not frozen! It was topped off recently with oil and gas for some reason. Has anyone else got one of these?

View attachment 653166 View attachment 653167 View attachment 653168 I picked up this schwinn stingray from the original owner's sister and it's Dec 1966 dated with a KS BIKE MACHINE motor kit and a bendix 76 hub. Has anyone else got one of these?

Thought the bendix 76 began in 1976. and the 'Mag' chairing on that, was 'like' 69? BTW it's on backwards too. Plus ya gotta be careful on the 20" bikes. That's the right handle bar and stem the typhoon a Jr 20" bike came with. It wasn't a stingray but you could stretch the chain stays to fit an s-2 rim verses issued s-7's. Not a stingray collector at all but, do know you could get into a fit with one fer doing that to a jr bike to call it a stingray. I did that to a 20"-er in 1966 or 68 to put an s-2 on, but, I guess the distance on the fender bracket is how you can tell? Yeah seems to me I had to bend the duck tail fender to manage it too. ( turned out to be a stolen frame, the cops took away, I'd built up so, kinda not something easily forgotten)

Last edited:
I
Thought the bendix 76 began in 1976. and the 'Mag' chairing on that, was 'like' 69? BTW it's on backwards too. Plus ya gotta be careful on the 20" bikes. That's the right handle bar and stem the typhoon a Jr 20" bike came with. It wasn't a stingray but you could stretch the chain stays to fit an s-2 rim verses issued s-7's. Not a stingray collector at all but, do know you could get into a fit with one fer doing that to a jr bike to call it a stingray. I did that to a 20"-er in 1966 or 68 to put an s-2 on, but, I guess the distance on the fender bracket is how you can tell? Yeah seems to me I had to bend the duck tail fender to manage it too. ( turned out to be a stolen frame, the cops took away, I'd built up so, kinda not something easily forgotten)
it looked to me like the stem bars and basket were all added at once since they seem to have a different level of wear than the rest of the bike and that the stem doesn't fit with the rack bolted on. It's also seems like the owner just replaced parts as they broke in the 60's and 70's which since the only brake for the motorized bike was a coster is probably why the wheels have been replaced (probably more than once in the case of the back wheel which doesn't even have matching axel bolts) I wonder how long it takes to seize a red band trying to stop a motor bike? As for the frame, I have no idea of it's a jr or not but it's definitely dec of 1966 and the chain stays don't seem to be stretched. If anyone knows enough about stingrays let me know. I can post more pics tomorrow (and probably will anyways)

The chrome is cleaning up really well and the seat post almost looks new. It has no schwinn stamps, and is longer than any of the other schwinn ones I had, is it aftermarket or stingray special? I'm going to try and don't the proper 1966 parts for this bike to do a soft restoration. I probably won't paint it

Back