When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 Violet Schwinn Sting-ray FASTBACK 5 SPEED Licensed 'street legal' $1,100

-

Pedal Metal

'Lil Knee Scuffer
1966 Schwinn Sting-ray FASTBACK 5 SPEED Licensed 'street legal'. I bought this from a friend who got it from the original owner who he road the neighborhoods with. I believe this is all original except for the seat. As I understand it, the Violet color was much less common on boy's models. Also, the sprocket was stamped as "Schwinn" without the "Mag" for less than a year, so I believe that helps to establish an early '66 factory assembly.

$1,100 plus freight. I would meet anyone within 50 miles of Omaha, NE or happily offer a couple beers for local pickup. Call 402-980-2327 if you would like to discuss.

IMG_8647.JPG

IMG_8648.JPG

IMG_8649.JPG

IMG_8651.JPG

IMG_8652.JPG

IMG_8654.JPG

IMG_8656.JPG

IMG_8657.JPG

IMG_8660.JPG

IMG_8661.JPG

IMG_8665.JPG

Nice fastback, Nov,1966. The early ones came with the "sprint" sprocket, then they moved to the "Mag" later in the year.

Nice fastback, Nov,1966. The early ones came with the "sprint" sprocket, then they moved to the "Mag" later in the year.

With a November serial and the mag ring, I would have to believe this is a 1967 model.

My Novembers have the the mag. Sure cheapens the look of a 66. But that is a nice bike. Love violets. A little rich for my blood or i would jump on it. That and i already have 14 - 66 violets.

My Novembers have the the mag. Sure cheapens the look of a 66. But that is a nice bike. Love violets. A little rich for my blood or i would jump on it. That and i already have 14 - 66 violets.

Serial numbers stamped in November were used on the next years models. The stamping date in November varied depending on the models. So a Nov. 66 Fastback with the next years chain ring would indicate the bike was a 67 model. Date on the fork and crank would also be helpful. All the original November 27th 1961 serial numbered Corvette 5 speeds had 1962 cast cranks.

Back