When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 DeLuxe Typhoon

-
Very nice bikes, I use to hate bikes with with clutter (brake levers, brake calipers, cables) Two years ago I ended up with a Town and Country and a 1969 Typhoon Deluxe 3 Speed for 75 bucks. I have since fallen in love with these 3 Speed Typhoons so much so that I bought another 3 Speed Typhoon. Wouldn't mind adding a coppertone Typhoon to my collection

1969 Schwinn Typhoon Deluxe 3 Speed-Red
1970 3 Speed Typhoon 3 Speed-Green
That's where two speed automatic hubs really shine. Allows you to have multi speeds without all the cable clutter.

That's where two speed automatic hubs really shine. Allows you to have multi speeds without all the cable clutter.

I dont know if I would say multi speeds, more like a couple of speeds (2). If they had come up with a kickback 3 speed hub, that would be a different ball game. Plus kickbacks had their own drawback, like not knowing what gear you are in when u begin to ride it, and accidentally changing gears when you just meant to use the brakes

Back