When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 Fastback Stingray help/questions

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

jacob9795

I live for the CABE
What is missing/incorrect on this bike? Is it worthy of a preservation or a restoration? Value? It's not mine, I'm helping a bud out. I don't know enough about these bikes. @KingSized HD

Also,
Any value on the second bike? :D

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I'm no expert with Sting Rays but I'll chime in since you flagged me.
Looking at the TRFindley catalog scan for '67: http://www.trfindley.com/flschwinn_1961_1970/1967dlr_Fastback.html the bike looks almost bone stock. However, the exposed spring seat strut isn't shown in the catalog pic. Not sure if that was a dealer "Schwinn approved" add on or an aftermarket item; it's not shown as an accessory in the '67 catalog.
The 1968 (in case your serial number is late in the year) catalog shows the enclosed gas piston type seat strut (see bottom pic).

I'm not knowledgeable about pricing on these either. As to preservation; Schwinn chrome is very good and you can bring it back from a lot, but the pitting on this chrome is so severe it's going to show as peppering (or worse) even after bronze wool treatment. An OA bath may help the fenders and guard (and still leave peppering) but I wouldn't use it on the bars, it may leave some ugly black stains if the chrome is as completely gone as it appears.

IMG_4763.JPG

IMG_4766.JPG

Thanks! I was confused about the spring suspension as well. He said he might restore it. As far as a preservation, I would swap that chrome out; yes it's too far gone in some areas. I read that the chain guard decals were very finicky when it comes to cleaning. I found a couple of very nice examples that sold on eBay, they didn't top $900. Thanks for your help, I'll forward all of your info to my friend.

As it sits, I was thinking $300-400?

Wrong seat,wrong sissy,missing slik tire. 250-300 tops as is. Needs alot of work and seat is super hard to find niceoriginal

Thanks, yes, I told him that it was worth $300 as is. I also told him that a very nice original bike might top out at $900 (Ramshorn would be worth more). He decided not to keep it and wants to sell. I'm not into Stingrays.
Thanks for the help! I wish he'd hold on to it because it has a license plate from a very small town that I grew up in :cool:

Thanks, yes, I told him that it was worth $300 as is. I also told him that a very nice original bike might top out at $900 (Ramshorn would be worth more). He decided not to keep it and wants to sell. I'm not into Stingrays.
Thanks for the help! I wish he'd hold on to it because it has a license plate from a very small town that I grew up in :cool:
Buy it man!!

Even better yet - sell it to me.

Back