When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 Schwinn Panther Project

-
It would be very easy to lightly sand the white painted areas of the tank and mask it off and repaint that. I also believe they have replacement black decals for the black screened on "Schwinn" graphics for that area of the tank as well. Check with Bicyclebones on eBay to see if he has these. I think the chances are really good that he does... Just cut the stars off and apply them to your repainted tank halves.

Last edited:
Looks great I love the Panthers. Could I ask how you got the fender braces so clean again? I have some rust on mine and could really use some tips. Thanks in advance.

Looks great I love the Panthers. Could I ask how you got the fender braces so clean again? I have some rust on mine and could really use some tips. Thanks in advance.
I use 000 steel wool and turtles metal polish on fender braces, works great on cad plate as well
as chrome.

@Benryannj if you want to patina the tires; rub some moist dirt on them or mix vinegar, peroxide and some salt (mix to the light amber or heavily rust color) testing on bare steel. Wipe metal and rub tires. Can always brighten back up if you decide to without harm

Back