When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 Schwinn Violet Varsity Tourist

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

kostnerave

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hi Everyone,
Here are some pictures of my latest acquisition, or should I say reacquisition. Thank you to bikepaulie for selling her back to me! It's a 1967 Schwinn Varsity Tourist with some unusual features. The most obvious, Violet wasn't a color option for '67 on the Varsity Tourist. The frame is stamped July of 1966, even though the bosses for stem shifter cable routing are present, as well as an oval headbadge, both features introduced in '67. The forks are stamped November of '66 and have the "old" style steerer tube size, "old" style stem and squared off crown nut. The crank is dated February of '66, but the Sprint chainrings have the first year guard, another feature introduced in '67. I'm guessing it was one of the last Varsity Tourists to be painted Violet, as well as being one of the first to have stem shifters, a chainguard and color matched grips and seat. Whatever the case, I'm happy to have it back. It will fit nicely, right between my '65 Coppertone Varsity Tourist and '69 Campus Green varsity Tourist. I hope everyone enjoys the pictures. Thank you.

More Schwinn Violet 002.JPG

More Schwinn Violet 003.JPG

More Schwinn Violet 004.JPG

More Schwinn Violet 006.JPG

Violet Varsity 021.JPG

Violet Varsity 022.JPG

Violet Varsity 024.JPG

Violet Varsity 025.JPG

Violet Varsity 026.JPG

Violet Varsity 027.JPG

Violet Varsity 028.JPG

Violet Varsity 031.JPG

Violet Varsity 038.JPG

Violet Varsity 039.JPG

WOW! I can see why you would want it back. It is beautiful! Spotless! About as good as a Varsity can be especially with the color!

Back