When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 Stingray Deluxe Project

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Stem parts cleaned and polished.

Good Lord, this is cleaning up nicely! What are you soaking the chrome/steel in? I am amazed...
I switch between a couple of methods. On this one, I soaked in citric acid for at least an hour and then rubbed with aluminum foil. I then soak the smaller parts in WD40. After that, if needed, I hit them with a cheap Harbor Freight wire brush in my dremel. Sometimes I'll forgo the citric acid and use Mother's Chrome polish with aluminum foil. That's only if the rust is minimal. After all that, I'll coat everything with Johnson's Paste Wax.

I switch between a couple of methods. On this one, I soaked in citric acid for at least an hour and then rubbed with aluminum foil. I then soak the smaller parts in WD40. After that, if needed, I hit them with a cheap Harbor Freight wire brush in my dremel. Sometimes I'll forgo the citric acid and use Mother's Chrome polish with aluminum foil. That's only if the rust is minimal. After all that, I'll coat everything with Johnson's Paste Wax.
Thank You!

Back