When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 AMF Courier 10 speed

-

Willig5

'Lil Knee Scuffer
I have been searching the internet up and down, but I have not been able to find another 1968 AMF 10 speed Courier. I can only find 3 speed Couriers. I'm not sure if this means that this bike is rare or not. What I do know, is that a friend of mine bought this bike new in her daughter's freshman year which was in 1968. I would like to find out the value if possible. It's in perfect working order.

AMF Bicycle.jpg

I really haven't looked for one, but I am going to the bike shop this morning for a new inner tube and I will see if they can help me find the number.

I had/have a girls version (in pieces), bought it for the shifter and rear fender really... thinking it was 70s. Sold a boys 24" version that was 71 with the plastic fork reflectors. Not sure on the year of yours. The only reason my 24" boys version was desirable was because it had a banana seat and riser bars added, looked like a Schwinn MantaRay knockoff. I don't think these lightweight AMF bikes are really that sought after. Yours is definitely nice condition though.
Post up a picture of the serial number please, maybe it will jog someone's memory.
I would think 72 and up because of the amber reflector pedals, but those could have been replaced.

A really nice, clean bicycle. Rare maybe-desirable no-which means negligible value. It should make decent transportation though. V/r Shawn

The friend I got it from said it was 1968, but upon thinking it through, I believe she might have been thinking of her other bike which is a girls bike, so I guess it's not unreasonable to think it might be a 70s bike. By the way, I want to thank everyone for being so informative.

Back