When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 AMF Roadmaster Jet Pilot

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

koolbikes

I live for the CABE
Recent Estate Sale Find... "NEW" to Me !
1968 AMF Roadmaster Jet Pilot, Model K-1653, Flamboyant Avocado with Red, White and Chrome Trim. Serial No. K088745
This bicycle spent most of it's life in a dry basement attached to an exercise stand only to have been ridden outside a very few times. Registered bicycle license in 1972 and 1975.
The original owner told me everything is the way it was when purchased in 1968 for Christmas, Bonus is that it came with all the paperwork and 1968 AMF Roadmaster Bicycles Brochure.
The color is almost exact to Schwinn's Campus Green, Goodyear W/W Tires are dated 1968, Pedals appear to look as if no one ever touched them, Seat has no wear at all, Tank has never seen batteries for Light.
NOS ?
Truly a Time Capsule!
Just had to Share .

IMG_9168.JPG

IMG_9169.JPG

IMG_9170.JPG

IMG_9171.JPG

IMG_9172.JPG

IMG_9173.JPG

IMG_9174.JPG

IMG_9176.JPG

IMG_9177.JPG

IMG_9186.JPG

IMG_9189.JPG

IMG_9207.JPG

That looks mint! Interesting about the serial number. I've got a 1960 with a serial number that starts with "K", and that matches Phil Marshall's list, but the decals on your bike are later than 1960, 1968 sounds about right. AMF must have changed their system again sometime during the '60's.

Thanks for the positive comments !

There's not much information about the AMF Roadmaster Jet Pilot bicycles besides the brochures. Most of the Men's version Jet Pilot bicycles are Red or Black, haven't seen in another color, must be year specific. What was the last year for the Jet Pilot model ?

Thanks for the positive comments !

There's not much information about the AMF Roadmaster Jet Pilot bicycles besides the brochures. Most of the Men's version Jet Pilot bicycles are Red or Black, haven't seen in another color, must be year specific. What was the last year for the Jet Pilot model ?
I wish I knew. I've picked up a few catalogs but I'm missing more than I have. AMF evidently didn't print catalogs in the numbers that Schwinn did, they only turn up every once in a while.

Recent Estate Sale Find... "NEW" to Me !
1968 AMF Roadmaster Jet Pilot, Model K-1653, Flamboyant Avocado with Red, White and Chrome Trim. Serial No. K088745
This bicycle spent most of it's life in a dry basement attached to an exercise stand only to have been ridden outside a very few times. Registered bicycle license in 1972 and 1975.
The original owner told me everything is the way it was when purchased in 1968 for Christmas, Bonus is that it came with all the paperwork and 1968 AMF Roadmaster Bicycles Brochure.
The color is almost exact to Schwinn's Campus Green, Goodyear W/W Tires are dated 1968, Pedals appear to look as if no one ever touched them, Seat has no wear at all, Tank has never seen batteries for Light.
NOS ?
Truly a Time Capsule!
Just had to Share .

View attachment 1312312

View attachment 1312313

View attachment 1312314

View attachment 1312315

View attachment 1312316

View attachment 1312317

View attachment 1312318

View attachment 1312319

View attachment 1312320

View attachment 1312321

View attachment 1312322

View attachment 1312323
Can we get a better picture of the serial number? I blew the picture up as much as I could, and I'm wondering if the "K" is actually an "R", which would make more sense.

Can we get a better picture of the serial number? I blew the picture up as much as I could, and I'm wondering if the "K" is actually an "R", which would make more sense.
I visually checked the serial number and it is a "K" it's also written on the pamplet and warranty card too. I'm also wondering if this is the last year of the "Jet Pilot' as I can not find any later info. ?

I visually checked the serial number and it is a "K" it's also written on the pamplet and warranty card too. I'm also wondering if this is the last year of the "Jet Pilot' as I can not find any later info. ?
I think the latest catalog I have is 1967, but I'll check it this evening.

WoW, , just plain ol WOW!! These finds give us all the hope we need to keep on hunting! Exquisite! That could go in the living room!!!

Back