When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Orange Krate at Orange County Drag Track poster bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
The Spitfire tire was made for Schwinn as a regular non-S-7 middleweight replacement tire, was it not?

Spitfire Tire 1.jpg

Spitfire Tire 2.jpg

Spitfire Tire 3.jpg

Spitfire Tire.jpg

I have to throw a fork into this salad, What is all the fuss? Tribute bike doesn't have to be exact or is your intention a facsimile ?
If your trying to replicate an exact copy, the front brake is not the hard piece. As you said, pre-production would be 1967 and the frame is the hard piece. Just a thought.

There were no hand brake 5 speed Sting-ray frames before 1968, the only frames were for an Pre-1968 "Orange Krate" dated Oct, Nov, Dec 1967. They are out there I have a Dec. '67 and have seen a Nov. '67.

There were no hand brake 5 speed Sting-ray frames before 1968, the only frames were for an Pre-1968 "Orange Krate" dated Oct, Nov, Dec 1967. They are out there I have a Dec. '67 and have seen a Nov. '67.
The Krate frames were different than the standard Sting Ray frames.. I had an og paint frame that i had built up and sold a couple years ago.. Wish i still had that one.. RideOn.. Razin..

I had a Dec '67 and a Feb '68 Orange, both of them original with Atom front drum brakes, orange line knobby rear tires, black wall Superior front tires and pogo seat posts. I didn't read all of the replies but just wanna ad my 2 cents, you cant always hang your hat on all of the ads or literature when determining correctness or originality. They took liberties to drum up excitement

Last edited:
Back