When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Rudge Harvard

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I know this thread is old now, but I got to wondering if this bike could be the #121 Sports? It does have a 26x1-1/4 front rim with S.S. spokes and the fluted cranks. Could they have made the frame interchangeable so that they could put a full chaincase on it even though they didn't? I don't see any other markings for a chain guard. Also, what was the last year for the bottom bracket oiler like this? The serial number is: 75476.
Rudge Sports 121.png

I'll have to agree, it's very unlikely the 70s safety levers came on the bike, though the drop bar itself is not an unusual bend for a pathracer.

The frame doesn't have all 'fishtail' lugs. Only partly. Since it has a plastic tension wheel maybe it didn't originally have one? It was a single speed bike? Maybe the old steel one broke? Any good resource for Rudge serial numbers?

I also agree, model 121! The fluted cranks, with NON detachable chain ring is the tip off, cant be many of those around. All of the late 40s-early fifties sports frames, I have seen, have the chaincase boss. Use the metal clamp type pulley. Paint up some raleigh steel fenders with krylon antique white rattle can! A replacement wire fender stay set is available cheap, for, (modern) plastic fenders. Still need the rear wheel, but, cool idea for a build! I would do it. Most of the needed parts are there. I might be able to donate the pulley to the project if needed! ,,,,Walter

I also agree, model 121! The fluted cranks, with NON detachable chain ring is the tip off, cant be many of those around. All of the late 40s-early fifties sports frames, I have seen, have the chaincase boss. Use the metal clamp type pulley. Paint up some raleigh steel fenders with krylon antique white rattle can! A replacement wire fender stay set is available cheap, for, (modern) plastic fenders. Still need the rear wheel, but, cool idea for a build! I would do it. Most of the needed parts are there. I might be able to donate the pulley to the project if needed! ,,,,Walter
Unfortunately it was too short for me so I sold the frame and kept the handlebars. I still have the crank set. I'd like to sell it. I'm currently making a Raleigh version. The model 21.

Back