When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968(?) Schwinn Apple Kate (Original) Stingray

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
Zipcode

jpturner

On Training Wheels
I am the original owner of this Schwinn Apple Krate. This bike has been stored in a heated basement for the past 45 years. It was well loved in it's day. I live in Baltimore, and would strongly prefer a local pick up and payment by verified funds. I am wary of fraud; no foreign sales. More pictures upon request. Buyer will need to show ID for copying, and complete a bill of sale.

NZ6_13695.jpg

NZ6_13565.jpg

NZ6_13755.jpg

NZ6_13585.jpg

never knew a buyer could commit fraud if you bring cash and pu a bike and a reciept? its the seller who needs to provide a receipt so that the buyer is aware the bike belongs to seller and he isnt selling for someone and doesn't pay them and they come back for their bike. Without a receipt or verified relationship in this hobby ( in order to sell/buy on the cabe you should not be able to block your info it should be a publicly available community. and Id provided when u sign up or required to have a sponsor maybe this should be a topic of discussion or even a vote to get implemented now by current members the decision of allowing to join be in the hands of a moderator I d even be good with annual dues so there could be a paid third party un associated with the group ..... not a background check just a checks and balance system since we have so much fraud) you never know ....... alot of brokers that become thieves ...... sorry but u got this backwards

never knew a buyer could commit fraud if you bring cash and pu a bike and a reciept? its the seller who needs to provide a receipt so that the buyer is aware the bike belongs to seller and he isnt selling for someone and doesn't pay them and they come back for their bike. Without a receipt or verified relationship in this hobby ( in order to sell/buy on the cabe you should not be able to block your info it should be a publicly available community. and i.d. provided when u sign up or required to have a sponsor maybe this should be a topic of discussion or even a vote to get implemented now by current members the decision of allowing to join be in the hands of a moderator I d even be good with annual dues so there could be a paid third party un associated with the group ..... not a background check just a checks and balance system since we have so much fraud) you never know ....... alot of brokers that become thieves ...... sorry but u got this backwards
Thank you for this reply. What I meant to convey is that I will be memorializing the sale with a bill of sale that identifies both me as seller as wells as the buyer and that ID will be required. As for cash, a friend recently sold a motorcycle for cash and out of the $4,000 he received, the middle of a stack of hundreds had $1,400 in counterfeit money (which he sadly did not catch at the time of sale). So, I'm sorry to say fears of fraud, even through a cash transaction, are founded in today's world. Thanks.

Thank you for this reply. What I meant to convey is that I will be memorializing the sale with a bill of sale that identifies both me as seller as wells as the buyer and that i.d. will be required. As for cash, a friend recently sold a motorcycle for cash and out of the $4,000 he received, the middle of a stack of hundreds had $1,400 in counterfeit money (which he sadly did not catch at the time of sale). So, I'm sorry to say fears of fraud, even through a cash transaction, are founded in today's world. Thanks.
You are correct i bought a pen and a scale when i sold a antique car and buyer brought cash , i was told to take $1000 from them previously check by bank and weigh it and use that weight as measure to count and check the authenticity of the money, she said that is how they check money.that counterfit money is a different weight.

I was thinking that was most likely an error.

Single owner?? Are you really sure you want to let this go. I am not sure if you bought it as an investment or if it was one that was your own bike that you had when you were young, but while krates are out there everywhere, there is only 1 that was yours when you were younger. I know a lot of guys (including myself) that wish they still had their bike when they were young (some guys are on the hunt via serial number).

-Ken

Back