When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Schwinn lemon peeler 5 speed krate project

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

1937Zenith

Finally riding a big boys bike
My project just picked up a few days ago. Many hours in cleaning already and many more to go. Poor thing spent 35+ years in a damp shed in Chicago. Coming out pretty good so far but the wheels are making me work for it!! Will post a “before” and “current progress” pic

680504EF-CEF5-4A31-9766-28C38130238F.png

B181334A-D7ED-4F55-9D49-C75BA6038216.jpeg

looking good !!
looking good !!
Thanks yeah I’m pretty happy so far. Unfortunately the fenders are goners but might try to get them rechromed. The rims I am hopeful they will clean up. Both front and rear are cleaning up well except for 1 section on each which I suspect was submerged in water for a period of time. Giving evaporust a try for the first time so fingers crossed it helps me out

Turning out pretty good. Big change so far.
Thank you, just a testament to the quality of the Chicago made Schwinns! Amazing how well they clean up. Only thing I don’t think I’m gonna be able to salvage is the rear fender and the seat post but otherwise it’s gonna be nice to give this thing a second chance

Back