When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Schwinn lemon peeler 5 speed krate project

-

1937Zenith

Finally riding a big boys bike
My project just picked up a few days ago. Many hours in cleaning already and many more to go. Poor thing spent 35+ years in a damp shed in Chicago. Coming out pretty good so far but the wheels are making me work for it!! Will post a “before” and “current progress” pic

680504EF-CEF5-4A31-9766-28C38130238F.png

B181334A-D7ED-4F55-9D49-C75BA6038216.jpeg

looking good !!
looking good !!
Thanks yeah I’m pretty happy so far. Unfortunately the fenders are goners but might try to get them rechromed. The rims I am hopeful they will clean up. Both front and rear are cleaning up well except for 1 section on each which I suspect was submerged in water for a period of time. Giving evaporust a try for the first time so fingers crossed it helps me out

Turning out pretty good. Big change so far.
Thank you, just a testament to the quality of the Chicago made Schwinns! Amazing how well they clean up. Only thing I don’t think I’m gonna be able to salvage is the rear fender and the seat post but otherwise it’s gonna be nice to give this thing a second chance

Back