When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968? Schwinn Paramount ID help

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
-----

After posting recalled that at one time, roughly late 1940's through early 1960's, there were modest Cinelli badged juvenile cycles an adult transportation cycles produced. These are not especially well known but when they do come up for sale they generate values well in excess of their intrinsic worth due to the Cinelli name. Have seen examples. Do not know the extent of Cinelli involvement in these products.

One practical adult model which has generated a bit of interest amongst collectors is the Riviera. This was produced for Cinelli by Garlatti of Parma.

It occurred to me that it is possible your stem could come from one of these non-racing Cinelli badged machines. If it had been a children's model it might have used a bar of a small center diameter; hence your stem.

Do not wish to assert this as a fact, just to mention to you as background information on a possibility. A Cinelli juvenile cycle could have been "totalled" in some mishap and this stem salvaged. Certainly no hard information held on my part.

-----

Good to know! I am familiar with the junior road bikes and there seems to be a decent quantity of them left in this locale for some reason. The ones here are largely of the French origin - Gitane, Motobecane models. They do make an interesting display and conversation piece.

Thanks for eveyone’s help on this, especially @juvela for being so patient.

This Paramount went off to a good home last night as it was slightly too big for me and I could not reconcile with that, as much as I loved this bike.

I believe the new owner is a member here, I will leave it up to him to pipe in or not. I think we’d all love to see how the refurb of this old bird goes!

-----

;)

you might wish to append a message to this effect at the chainset thread as well

that way anyone venturing thither shall know the disposition of the machine/project

-----

-----

Tip for readers:

The cycle's new owner has commenced a lively discussion thread on it reposing here -

-----

Back