When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Schwinn Typhoon

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
N

NYCEBIKE

Hi,
I will be getting a 1968 Schwinn Typhoon that I bought on ebay. Did this
bike come with a 2 speed kick back hub? Thanks

VINTAGE SCHWINN TYPHOON (VERY NICE)

Attachments

• bcdc_1.JPG
    bcdc_1.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 401
re: 1968 Typhoon

hi,
thanks militarymonark. I paid $99.00 plus $60.00 shipping. Total $159.00. (Pride of ownership...priceless!:) This is my frist vintage bike, I hope I did not over pay?
Cut & Paste from ebay listing...

WELL HERE'S A VERY CLEAN VINTAGE SCHWINN 1968 TYPHOON. THIS BIKE HAS ORIGINAL PAINT THAT STILL LOOKS VERY NICE. IT DOES HAVE A FEW SCRAPES AND SCRATCHES BUT STILL LOOKS GREAT. IT HAS NICE S-7 SCHWINN CROME RIMS AND 26" ORIGINAL SCHWINN TIRES. A LITTLE WEATHER CHECKED BUT STILL HOLDING AIR. GOOD SCHWINN SEAT WITH NO RIPS OR TEARS AND NICE SCWWINN GRIPS. GOOD FENDERS WITH A VERY TINY DENT ON THE BACK FENDER. THE FRONT LOOKS GREAT! THIS WOULD BE A GREAT BIKE FOR THE BEACH OR LAKE. OVER ALL THIS BIKE IS IN VERY NICE COND! AND BEST OF ALL 100% ORIGINAL!! THIS BIKE IS READY TO RIDE! SERIAL # CDXXXXX THE BIKE IS SOLD AS IS, AND NO RETURNS DUE TO HIGH COST OF SHIPPING. SHIPS ONLY TO THE LOWER 48 STATES. SORRY NO LOCAL PICK-UPS. IT'S BOXED UP AND READY TO SHIP!. PLEASE ASK ANY QUESTIONS BEFORE BIDDING. THANKS FOR LOOKING!!

Winning bid: US $99.00

Ended: Feb-09-08 15:52:53 PST
Shipping costs:
US $60.00

now you can accessorize with these ebay items 110225473460, 270212360555, if you ask around on the forum someone might have a nice rack to go on the bike.

68 Typhoon.

I have a 68 Typhoon Deluxe. Front Rack, 3 sp Sturmey, rear rack optional I have been told.

I paid the same for a '71 'phoon, same color, same condition with chrome saddleback baskets and a hungarian generator light about eight months back. Wish I had the two-speed hub pulling through intersections, though - they are the cat's meow!

Great riding bike, BTW. Use it to haul all manner of heavy things - last big item was a barbecue atop the basket.

Comment - I went through everything before riding it; about 100 miles in every race and cone seemed to back off a turn. dunno why, but they all needed to be readjusted; bike was gine after that. Just because they say it's ready to ride doesn't mean that, IMHO. Take the time to make it right - you'll like it better thataway.

Back