When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 stingray lemon peeler krate wheel rust removal

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Awesome thanks for the tip yeah I actually was just looking at a product called “metal rescue” from Home Depot and it has great reviews. Might give it a shot

I am not familiar with metal rescue, but it has to be something that you soak the parts in. I went to Lowes and all they carry was something in a spray bottle. that would never work.

I am not familiar with metal rescue, but it has to be something that you soak the parts in. I went to Lowes and all they carry was something in a spray bottle. that would never work.
Yeah metal rescue is a bath. You fill a tub and submerge. I saw a YouTube video where they submerged a rusty bike rim and the results were seriously impressive. So much so that I didn’t really believe it but after seeing all the 5 star reviews it sounds like it’s worth giving a try. Just submerge and periodically rotated the rim and see what it does. Also want to soak crank and rear sprocket

I'm doing a bike now and still in the learning phase. just one step ahead of you if you go this way. I've done the Brillo pad "restorations" in the past and you do scratch the chrome getting parts to shine up..

I'm doing a bike now and still in the learning phase. just one step ahead of you if you go this way. I've done the Brillo pad "restorations" in the past and you do scratch the chrome getting parts to shine up..
Yeah I am guilty haha. That’s pretty much why I wanted to double check on here for tricks. I have used sos or steel wool on bikes that aren’t really worth adding the cost to whereas this one I feel I should try to do my best on because I’m not really gonna find replacement parts easy or cheap etc. I’m gonna buy some tomorrow and I will give an update on how it works. I might try with a spare 10 speed rim I have first just in case

Oxalic Acid or AO is another way to clean parts. Mix it with warm water. Honestly, a little steel wool (xxxx) and WD40 is the best way! Just clean afterwards and wax. Try a small spot first to see the results. You will be stoked!

How long do you usually soak them for?
Depends on the crust but its best to start with one hour, then clean it off and see.
I usually clean with TSP first so the CLR doesn't have to eat the dirt and grease too. Then check on it every hour and then when its done in the CLR its washed with Dawn dish soap then 000-0000 steel wool to taste.... :)
Ive got a stem in now and yesterday a seat clamp I thought was gone, turned out great.
Second thought....
Dont use TSP on Headbadges, decals, transfers or stencils. Its takes them off and/ or takes the color off. Doesn't hurt paint, but takes all the oxidation off. Gotta be careful with that stuff.

Back