When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 stingray lemon peeler krate wheel rust removal

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
a little steel wool (xxxx) and WD40 is the best way! Just clean afterwards and wax. Try a small spot first to see the results. You will be stoked!

I was steel wool and WD 40-ing my frame tonight. I think the frame will be done that way. I haven't fiddled with the fork at all yet.

yes, use the fine steel wool with the WD. you don't want to start removing paint.

I saw that technique here, and tried it on a fender I was going to cut a piece off that was all rusty and it turned out to be dark blue and still had the pinstripes. it takes the rust but barely touches the paint. whodathunkit.

Also did they make the ropops with the drum brake and 5 speed?
The drum brake has no matter here except,, No no SOS fer them too.. I'm only making the point B/C the china repop chrome peices can interchange with the older bikes and people will lie in sales. But, if it's actually stored over 25 years then they are likely real and you should be completely delighted on how much better it will clean up. Just be patient and careful on going about it. These things keeping popping crazy high prices, ya no wanna regret it later.

Just picked this up today for a price I couldn’t pass up. Does anyone have a trick to removing rust on the rims? I have cleaned many rims with sos pads or steel wool but these look like they are gonna be a little more difficult. I am not expecting amazing results just cleaner then they are now. Any tips or tricks will be much appreciated thanks!

View attachment 1405565

View attachment 1405566
I would try some apple cider vinegar with a soft wire brush and follow up with tin foil. Good luck. Razin.

Back