When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Fair Lady

-
Harpo, your area of the country is a hotbed for bike collecting. Great job cleaning her up, looks brand new. If you have a granddaughter it would be cool have her ride it while visiting you but I would change the seat first. Tim S

Harpo, your area of the country is a hotbed for bike collecting. Great job cleaning her up, looks brand new. If you have a granddaughter it would be cool have her ride it while visiting you but I would change the seat first. Tim S

That was actually the original intent for when my 7 year old Grandaughter would come over. Now...the bike is to nice to have a chance on her crashing it, lol, even though she might be a tad short for it.
And yes, @Tim s , I doubt if I'll get another in that condition to take a chance on it getting damaged.

I would say that price for the yellow deluxe seat with your pan was more about it being a Deluxe seat that looked almost perfect than the pan. I'm really interested in buying the seat off of you IF you were going to part this out.

Thanks, but I'll keep this one intact. The entire bike, tires included, are original.

I recently rebuilt a 1950s JC Higg8ns 24" bike for my granddaughter. It turned out really nice. She came over all excited and thought it looked "really cool." She then was anxious to ride. I told her to go ahead and take it for a spin. Turns out the old iron bicycle weighed more than she did. Not a whole lot of difference in the weight of this 24" and my other 26" ballooners. Takes a lot of grunting to lift any of them onto the bike stand.

love this bike- imo gals bikes are underappreciated...
I agree. I like the Fair Lady models (and not just because I have one). Usually, they did not have as rough a life as the boys' bike since girls usually didn't jump curbs or hills with them. Hopefully, someday I will find another '69 Fair Lady, similar to the one posted in this thread. Single-speed and blue (or yellow).

I did see it on there over the weekend. It cleaned up nice. My '69 is also an "HE." August, 1969.

This 1969 Lemon Peeler , all original, belonged to my brother-in-law (original owner) who had kept it at my in-laws house all those years. Now part of my Collection.

Back