When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Kool Lemon Fastback 5 Speed paint question

-
The bike will clean up. Besides all of the above mentioned I feel the price is too much for the condition of bike. I know Stingrays, Fastbacks, Krates are getting crazy with prices. Myself I see about $800.00 for this particular bike. My opinion. I would be a little patient and wait for a nicer bike.
Good point. I don't wanna speak for my Brother Caber here, ( just chip in) but am taking an interest because he's local and I have owned a mint original 1969 Lemon Peeler ( bought out of South Carolina), so dig these muscle bikes too.

Although my latest focus has been pre-war, the supply of vintage Schwinns ( or any American made pre-1975 bike) is slim to none in our hood. Quite simply, they just were not sold up here in Canada, and the odd one that was imported or came in a move from a relocated family south of us is usually long gone or trashed. Supply is VERY low. Even this bike is 825 miles west of us.

I can vouch for the high expense and risk buying from pictures from the U.S.A. or anywhere. I think most of us can relate. I was burned bad on a vintage Nash car. Most bikes I've bought ( from Cabers) have been excellent. My point is we don't have bike meets or see these offered up here on line, and only in larger cities there are some bike meets. Car shows, swap meets, antique shops and shows, 2nd hand stores, Salvation Army are the pickings here. Yeah, you can score, but less often.

We are smack in the middle of Canada 8 hours north of Minneapolis Mn. Not "no man's land" but only 750,000 people not riding Sting Rays. Waiting for a nicer may take awhile. That said as well, fewer collectors up here, so that's an advantage of price leverage. We only have a .60 dollar compared to the U.S. dollar, so that's a factor too. Either way, we "usually" have to step up $$ taller if we want the goods for these reasons, especially if local/non imported. Even when we do import, we are subject to obscene taxes and duties that almost sour a sweet ride. Food for thought.

Funny thing is, an original Bowden Spacelander just sold 60 miles from my home ( my G/F is actually in that town/her home town/this week) yesterday an hour after it was listed on line! Right under my nose. It needed some work, few parts, but was mostly all there. Not sure how much$$. Crazy....... How a Bowden Spacelander got in Gimli, Manitoba, Canada is anyone's guess?

Good point. I don't wanna speak for my Brother Caber here, ( just chip in) but am taking an interest because he's local and I have owned a mint original 1969 Lemon Peeler ( bought out of South Carolina), so dig these muscle bikes too.

Although my latest focus has been pre-war, the supply of vintage Schwinns ( or any American made pre-1975 bike) is slim to none in our hood. Quite simply, they just were not sold up here in Canada, and the odd one that was imported or came in a move from a relocated family south of us is usually long gone or trashed. Supply is VERY low. Even this bike is 825 miles west of us.

I can vouch for the high expense and risk buying from pictures from the U.S.A. or anywhere. I think most of us can relate. I was burned bad on a vintage Nash car. Most bikes I've bought ( from Cabers) have been excellent. My point is we don't have bike meets or see these offered up here on line, and only in larger cities there are some bike meets. Car shows, swap meets, antique shops and shows, 2nd hand stores, Salvation Army are the pickings here. Yeah, you can score, but less often.

We are smack in the middle of Canada 8 hours north of Minneapolis Mn. Not "no man's land" but only 750,000 people not riding Sting Rays. Waiting for a nicer may take awhile. That said as well, fewer collectors up here, so that's an advantage of price leverage. We only have a .60 dollar compared to the U.S. dollar, so that's a factor too. Either way, we "usually" have to step up $$ taller if we want the goods for these reasons, especially if local/non imported. Even when we do import, we are subject to obscene taxes and duties that almost sour a sweet ride. Food for thought.

Funny thing is, an original Bowden Spacelander just sold 60 miles from my home ( my G/F is actually in that town/her home town/this week) yesterday an hour after it was listed on line! Right under my nose. It needed some work, few parts, but was mostly all there. Not sure how much$$. Crazy....... How a Bowden Spacelander got in Gimli, Manitoba, Canada is anyone's guess?
Please pitch “750,000 People Not Riding Stingrays” to be the new city slogan.

We can update the ol’ “We were born here, what’s your excuse?” motto from The Simpsons!

I do agree with you. Similar to Stingrays or any collector bikes fetching more money in one state over another, we are used to paying premiums and most definitely take risks with the majority of purchases being purchased online and shipped vs. found locally and seen in person.

Sweet Gimli find!

Back