When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Murray Eliminator MKII parts search

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

FamousCarz

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hi,
I am looking for the following parts:
1. Sissybar and proper pad
2. Chain guard
3. Both shift knobs or complete shifter assembly
4. Handlebars
5. Chrome fenders

I attached a photo of my Rat Rodded bike AND a photo of an original bike that's perfect.
My bike appears to have been red originally under the shoddy green paint. I've yet to see a photo of a red MKII. If you have one, please send pics.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Screenshot_20211124-205017_OfferUp.jpg

Screenshot_20211128-103649_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20211128-103706_Gallery.jpg

Murray frames are serial numbered to the specific badge they were sold under. Your bike was made by Murray, but the serial number may be for a department store or auto parts where it was sold, like AMC, Gambles, Parkleigh, Otasco, or Western Flyer (Western Auto). If you post the serial number someone can help ID the frame, and you may find why the bike has some red paint.

Last edited:
Murray frames are serial numbered to the specific badge they were sold under. Your bike was made by Murray, but the serial number may be from for a department store or auto parts where it was sold, like AMC, Gambles, Parkleigh, Otasco, or Western Flyer (Western Auto). If you post the serial number someone can help ID the frame, and you may find why the bike has some red paint.
Hi,
I looked underneath the crank on the frame, the rear dropouts and virtually everywhere and don't see a number. The head tube badge is missing and it's not there either. Any idea where it should be? I need to remove paint a layer at a time somehow...

The left rear drop out has the serial number. The paint has probably filled in the letters and numbers. You will have to wire wheel the drop out to find the serial number. If your trying to save the red paint just clean the green paint off and you will probably see the numbers. I believe I had a red one that was Otasco badged and I sold it to Mister Eagleye.

The left rear drop out has the serial number. The paint has probably filled in the letters and numbers. You will have to wire wheel the drop out to find the serial number. If your trying to save the red paint just clean the green paint off and you will probably see the numbers. I believe I had a red one that was Otasco badged and I sold it to Mister Eagleye.
Hi Jaxon,
Thanks for your help.
Do you have pics of your red bike?
I'm having trouble finding a pic of one that color.
I also found yellow paint inside the head tube...
George

I still have that one Jaxon! It was an AMC badge, the name of the AMC stores bikes were Thunderball.

I'm not sure which badge for the Mark II had yellow to red fade. I think the only one with a fade with those colors was the Hiawatha Drag Duster, but those were a red to lime/yellow to red fade. The serial number will tell you the badge the bike was sold under and if it was a 5-Speed, 3-Speed, etc.

Hi Jaxon,
Thanks for your help.
Do you have pics of your red bike?
I'm having trouble finding a pic of one that color.
I also found yellow paint inside the head tube...
George
I dont have any pics of the red bike. I found this AMC Thunderball pic on line though.
1638885956414.png

Back