When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Orange Krate is finished

-
Lastly, here’s what she looks like until Christmas morning.

No peeking!

Well, NOW I think my Krate is finished.

I just installed some new fork struts because mine were slightly bent.

Did none of you notice or were you all just being nice? LOL

Eagleye, I am surprised at you, you’re slip’in up man!

Anyway, I got some new struts. They look and feel pretty close to the originals, nice and pretty too.

While waiting for the parts I detailed a few areas that hadn’t seemed important before. I kept looking at certain components and going, ‘waaait a minute...”

Well, had to fix ‘em!

The last, LAST, and I mean it, thing I’m doing is replacing the kickstand sprag and pin.
Having tried to get the kickstand off using all the YouTube tricks, and failing, I finally sprung for a dedicated tool. It worked great.

The pin was worn flat on one side and I figured the sprag was probably way out of tolerance so,
I replaced them both.

It works a lot better now, snaps up and down.

Just took it out for a test and it is riding very smooth and quiet. Only thing I could hear from the bike was the hum of the tires on the pavement. The only creaking sound I could hear was coming from my bones.

Back under the dust cover until the big Christmas morning surprise.

Back