When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Orange Krate is finished

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Lastly, here’s what she looks like until Christmas morning.

No peeking!

Well, NOW I think my Krate is finished.

I just installed some new fork struts because mine were slightly bent.

Did none of you notice or were you all just being nice? LOL

Eagleye, I am surprised at you, you’re slip’in up man!

Anyway, I got some new struts. They look and feel pretty close to the originals, nice and pretty too.

While waiting for the parts I detailed a few areas that hadn’t seemed important before. I kept looking at certain components and going, ‘waaait a minute...”

Well, had to fix ‘em!

The last, LAST, and I mean it, thing I’m doing is replacing the kickstand sprag and pin.
Having tried to get the kickstand off using all the YouTube tricks, and failing, I finally sprung for a dedicated tool. It worked great.

The pin was worn flat on one side and I figured the sprag was probably way out of tolerance so,
I replaced them both.

It works a lot better now, snaps up and down.

Just took it out for a test and it is riding very smooth and quiet. Only thing I could hear from the bike was the hum of the tires on the pavement. The only creaking sound I could hear was coming from my bones.

Back under the dust cover until the big Christmas morning surprise.

Back