When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Orange Krate is finished

-

That's basically how I'd feel finding a bike that nice under the tree. Even if I just built it!🤣🤣 Have woke up in the middle of the night just to look at the junk I have now. 🤦‍♂️ Congrats on building such a nice example of the much loved Stingrays! I hope it puts a smile on your face whenever you see it!👍

Hello, Cool bike and great job bringing this one back or as I call it , the fun part .. I had a question on the rear shock rebuild.. Any special technique to get those little pins in and out? Kind of awkward trying to compress the springs and drive out the pins.. I have them out and not looking forward to putting them back in with the heavier springs..

You will probably need another person to hold and compress the spring to allow free access to the pin hole. After that, just tap the pin back into the hole being careful to evenly space the pin in the sissybar.
If you have someone to hold back the spring tubes it’s actualy easier tapping the pins in than taking them out so you”re past the hardest part of that.

I don’t know where you got the new spring kit but the one I got needed the nylon spacers shaved down just a bit to fit into the tubes.

I ordered the kit on eBay, should see it in the next couple days.. Old bushing are still good but very tight.. 👍🏻
What I did was to open up the vise 1/4” or so and lay the sissy bar on top so I could drive the pin out the other side.. Used a nail set to push it through the first side.. once inside the bar a screw driver worked best to pry it over to the other side then a heavy duty pliers to grab and twist it out..

Last edited:
Back