When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Raleigh Superb

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
With the pedals from this era, check the Raleigh Past and Presence book if you can get your hands on a copy. When they were first putting reflectors on pedals, they used white lenses rather than amber. These would be the small white lenses. Then came the small amber, and finally the large amber. The white lenses only were used for a brief period before the switch to the small amber lens. A year or two either way makes a difference because of the changes to the pedals.

your welcome ,I found a set of original tires now hoping to get a up grade on guard and rear fender ,seats are on eBay books B66

A gents bike with the very rare locking fork. I never tire of looking these and watching the Raleigh Story on U-tube.

Well I had a little time to detail. Still needs a double line rear tire but the rest looking good . Found a nice Brooks b66 saddle so now that’s correct. . Once I find that tire all will be complete . Oh yea and the correct kick stand

I think the actual use of the different pedals, in this era, was a bit more scrambled then the book would have us believe. The clear lens pedals are rare birds indeed, but, the only pedals I’ve seen with clear lenses are the cheaper, non rebuildable version that showed up sometime post 1965. I was told by a guy who was selling Raleigh bikes the clear lens version was 6 months use, tops. I stuck this pair in my son’s Roadster, a 1969 model that has the rare 8” cranks and 48 tooth sprocket, to see if anyone in my tweed group was paying attention. They weren’t. This set came in a 1966 vintage second tier Tube Industries bike, a ladies Triumph that I parted. The rebuildable, amber reflector pedals are original to my 1967 Sprite 5 speed. Following logic, the newer bike should have cheap, disposable pedals, but, it seems the lower tier TI bikes got them first, while premium Sprite 5s and Superbe models kept the better pedals a bit longer.
Ted

A57A649F-3073-4DAA-AA28-31A7D40CF606.jpeg

6C0D0930-F765-4F9A-9C8C-ACFB2CF13814.jpeg

Last edited:
Back