When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Raleigh Superb

-
I believe the earlier ones also had a different cap on the end ,more of a hex looking then the round(like the bottom example you sent ) .also the earlier ones had no reflectors like 64 to like 67 or 68 .just going off of what I have found to be true on my bikes .

The bottom amber pedal has the hex. The hex is your friend, always. It indicates a rebuildable pedal.
There was a time you could walk into a Raleigh dealer and hit him up for new end caps, like these, or pedal stems, or pedal blocks, or bearings, whatever you needed to get your broken or worn pedals back on the road. The hex is 1/4 Whitworth, you threaded it off, and rebuilt your pedal.
Now, it is an Easter egg hunt for the parts, using better used or hard to find NOS stuff. But, you can at least service the old ones, and keep them running.
Ted

B1AC097E-1AE7-4447-B2BB-5EE5731D6B1E.jpeg

Hello everyone just picked this up from the original family who brought it from England they even kept the keys in the desk love this bike the best Raleigh offered back in 1969 would like to upgrade a few parts that aren’t correct seat and rear tire it may be rear fender and chain guard rest the bike is wonderfulView attachment 1337794
View attachment 1337795

View attachment 1337796

View attachment 1337797

View attachment 1337798

View attachment 1337799

View attachment 1337800

Nice Bike! And you win the Award for the longest run-on sentence I've ever seen! :)

The bottom amber pedal has the hex. The hex is your friend, always. It indicates a rebuildable pedal.
There was a time you could walk into a Raleigh dealer and hit him up for new end caps, like these, or pedal stems, or pedal blocks, or bearings, whatever you needed to get your broken or worn pedals back on the road. The hex is 1/4 Whitworth, you threaded it off, and rebuilt your pedal.
Now, it is an Easter egg hunt for the parts, using better used or hard to find NOS stuff. But, you can at least service the old ones, and keep them running.
Ted

View attachment 1361440
Thats great information ,I did notice you can take the blocks off of these but wasn't sure how can came off .now I do thank you .

Be careful when you do it. I like to use a Whitworth socket or box end wrench, to avoid tearing up the end cap with an adjustable wrench.
The size is 1/4 Whitworth. If you own English bikes, a set of Whitworth wrenches and sockets will make your life easier.
Ted

Here is a beautiful blue, large size, step through, that is in the Charleston SC area for only a Benji.
Somebody ought to jump all over it. I don't know the seller. I am not the seller. I simply saw it on the Charleston craigs.
It appears too nice and too well preserved to just canibalize the parts for a men's diamond frame, or piecemeal it out.
The individual parts might bring the most, as the front wheel, etc, but that would be a plain shame as the bike appears a very nice color blue and very presentable as well as a practical larger step through frame.
Hopefully someone will keep it intact and ride the heck out of it.

Back