When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Schwinn Catalog Krate picture

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Grey Ghost

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I got to thinking about this famous catalog picture.
4 Krates and 5 boys.

Which one didn’t own a Krate?

My guess is the sad looking one in the striped shirt.

1666988402304.jpeg

My guess is "striped shirt kid" as the two kids to the right color coordinate with the Orange Krate and the Lemon Peeler and the kid with the Pea Picker is guarding it with his life!

My thought is the kid sitting on the low barrel was the odd one out. The only one with white sneakers which at the time in my town were definitely not worn by cool kids anymore. Probably a little younger and a wannabe.

The kid in the striped shirt is looking with concern at his Pea Picker, because he knows the neighborhood bully, Nelson, who is already touching his bike, is about 15 seconds away from riding off on it. He's deciding whether he'd rather lose some skin, or his new Schwinn.

The three kids, that are grinning, know what's happening and anticipate some entertainment. They are glad it's not their bike being fondled.

Back