When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Schwinn Pea Picker Info Please.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

comet77

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hello. Picked up a 1969 Schwinn Pea Picker, at first I thought it was a repro but all the parts that I know are dated are 1969 and 1970 and the serial begins with JE on the left rear dropout. Did they ever make a 1969 Pea Picker with a coaster brake. This bike has a 1970 s-7 rear coaster brake rim but has no shifter, normal S-7 16" front rim without drum. I did notice the chainguard is more like the repops but I am pretty sure it's original to the bike. I bought this from the original owner and he told me he got it this way but his dad recovered the seat at one time. Please help with any info. Thanks
IMG_1402.JPG
IMG_1401.JPG
IMG_1404.jpg
. The handlebars, rear hub are dated 1970, cranks, frame and stem dated 1969.

Except for the recovered saddle it looks like an all-original 1970 Pea Picker coaster brake model. 1970 was also the first year the coaster version was offered, and it did not have the Atom drum hub.

Last edited:
I thought the Krates and Sting Rays all had S-2's on the rear. :confused:

This bike has a 1970 s-7 rear coaster brake rim but has no shifter, normal S-7 16" front rim without drum.

Except for the recovered saddle it looks like an all-original 1970 Pea Picker coaster brake model. 1970 was also the first year the coaster version was offered, and it did not have the Atom drum hub.
Thanks for the Info and the link. I am really happy now I bought it and can't wait to get going on this project.

So the chain guard is correct? The chainguard is what threw me off. I always thought the early pickers had all green chain guards and not partial chrome. I am also happy to know that the bike is original. Thanks

The bike look original to me. Dates look to be correct. Nice find. Just need to find a seat and correct rear tire.

Clean it up and ride it around town.

I am a little suprised about the rear wheel being an S7. All the coaster Krates I saw had S2 s on the rear.

Back