When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Schwinn Typhoon - what model Bendix rear hub?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
As the title says, in 1969, what model Bendix coaster brake would have come on a Schwinn Typhoon? I went to a swap meet on Saturday and picked up a 1969 Typhoon (Campus green) frame and fork For $20. Traded the guy next to me a blue chain guard for a matching green one. From my own stash, I pulled a green seat, correct fenders, handle bars, stem, crank set, and two chrome S7 front wheels. Everything I need except a rear hub. The spokes are good and I just want to lace a coaster brake hub into one of the rims. Had a pair of 26 X 1-3/4” tires at home. I NEED TO KNOW WHICH BENDIX REAR HUB IS 1969, I’m at an impasse right now, any and all help will be appreciated. I’d like to keep my investment to no more than I have in it now. Anyone have one to swap for ???. I have some ND model D hubs, a 50s era Schwinn girls tank (Staley) a 60s era girls Schwinn non chrome tank, a Schwinn Phantom chain guard, a Murray rat trap front rack, and a bunch of other stuff.
Thanks, Ed

IMO, it would all depend on the model year. 68 or 69 would have had the RB-2 hub, and anything for 1970 would have had the 70 hub.

Back