When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Stingray Campus Green

-
77CDA31C-FE1F-4BAC-AA13-95CB32DA9DE0.jpeg

Yes, the overdrive hub is original.. I found the bike on eBay.. I thought it was cool it matched the color of the bike..
32CB886E-9F78-4699-B5AF-F4138175CAAB.jpeg

Last edited:
Progress continues. Paint scheme is next on the list. Needs some opinions. Here are some different options.
1. mystic emerald lacquer paint 3oz around 6 dollars
2. duplicolor metallic dark green 11oz for 11 dollars
3. Kool Kolors Campus Green 11 oz, 70 dollars a can.

Top two colors are very close to the original color and less money

Has anyone used the 70 dollar Kool Colors? Thoughts?

As was discussed in another thread that color formula is basically lost That Kool Kolors is closest. The other thread talked about the under coat being aluminum primer and that it was necessary to get the sparkly effect. I know the koolest offers the primer as well. I think any of them in any capacity will look great all fresh but the purist would at least want the koolest kolor because its considered an acceptable version of the original color. The price is ridiculous so I would not blame you using something else.

As was discussed in another thread that color formula is basically lost That Kool Kolors is closest. The other thread talked about the under coat being aluminum primer and that it was necessary to get the sparkly effect. I know the koolest offers the primer as well. I think any of them in any capacity will look great all fresh but the purist would at least want the koolest kolor because its considered an acceptable version of the original color. The price is ridiculous so I would not blame you using something else.
I am a purist by heart and not by mind. So my heart got the best of on this one, and bought kool kolors. I am excited to see how it turns out.

This is the new $1000 US made Schwinn Collegiate and it's said to be Campus Green. Looks like Schwinn can't even match that color! Kentucky Blue Grass Green or maybe Weed Green? I'll be calling it Krylon Green.

1606034480851.png

This is the new $1000 US made Schwinn Collegiate and it's said to be Campus Green. Looks like Schwinn can't even match that color! Kentucky Blue Grass Green or maybe Weed Green? I'll be calling it Krylon Green.

View attachment 1305216
that's not out of the norm, automakers have re-released colors that have not matched, or switched them mid production with no warning. It's just something that will go down in the specifications book as campus green pre-whatever year it changed. Even variations by plant for automakers are signified for some restoration judging. I do like the tint of the original version though. Those collegiates are nice.

Back