When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Tall Frame Raleigh Chopper TCW in Blue

-

Jim Barnard

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I am very excited about the newest CHOPPER on the Chopper rack. The condition is hard to believe for a boys bicycle.

IMG_0502[1].JPG

The things wrong with this bike are few. The sissy is bent, the CG was missing as was the prop, and the rear tyre is starting to split.

IMG_0503[1].JPG

Condition of the paint is great, the chrome is very nice and most of the fasteners are unbuggered by incorrect wrenches.

IMG_0504[1].JPG

This happens to be the Model and Color of my childhood bicycle. Mine was under the Christmas tree in 1970. This was all I could think about through the summer after the summer of LOVE. Luckily, my Mother was in the hospital during the Fall of 1970 and the Xmas shopping fell to my Father. At about $95us, this was all he had to get to make the Holiday Shopping be done with.

IMG_0505[1].JPG

This one differs from the 1970 model. This has no springs, a taller frame that was prone to breaking every where, a shortie prop, single tab front fender that busted with a good kick, TCW hub became the S3C and the shifter T handle get a 3 R knob that lasted just 2 years. (You could unscrew it, leaving a pointy 4" shaft just below a kids naughty bits.

IMG_0506[1].JPG

Oh yeah, mine had a slik and reflectorized pedals.

IMG_0507[1].JPG

Tri-Coaster Wheel.

IMG_0509[1].JPG

The 04***** bikes were very early production bikes.

IMG_0510[1].JPG

IMG_0511[1].JPG

Early style springless sissy bar was bolted directly to the frame. Note the lack of rear caliper.

IMG_0512[1].JPG

I want to thank Ricky C for keeping his bike nice and putting in the house each night.

IMG_0513[1].JPG

Lookin for a "Coaster" single speed in orange to complete my early chopper colors! It is hard to find single speed choppers in any condition.

IMG_0514[1].JPG

How did that Space Liner get in there?

Last edited:
Back