When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

197? firekat or kingkat.

-
J

John c

I just aquired A murray chopper from the 70's. It's purple with flames and a banana seat to match, It's got long chrome forks, the back tire is a slick! When I first saw the bike I would have sworn it was a reproduction because it looks like it was bought yesterday. There is not a scratch on it nor is there any signs of the slightest bit of rust!
I'm sure the bike has value but I just don't know exactly what that value might be especially in this amazing condition.
Can anybody tell me what these bikes are worth?
Thanks.

Sounds like a Murray Firecat. They built them from about 1976-1979. Can you get pics and a serial number please? Is there a white sticker on the frame anywhere still? If so, that will give you the month and the year it was built.

fire_cat_1.gif

These bikes in mint or restored condition are bring good money. I've herd of 2 selling, both King Kats. One went for $800 and the brought $900

Yes, but King Kats are much harder to find. I have a stash of very rare Western Auto catalogs from the 70s-until 2001 (their demise). In 1978 I believe They added the Ram Rod II to the line up and I think it was ony in production for a year. Its the rarest of the rare.

Oh, and the Wildcat nameplate was Muscle Bike, then transformed into a Chopper this was believed to be the end. Nope! I found a BMX version from the late 80s or early 90s and so far, only one, mine, as been seen.

Back